Skip to main content
my account

"How To" Guide to Participate in the 7th Annual Old City Fest

Steps 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 pertain to retailers and all for-profit businesses
Steps 1, 2 , 3 and 7 pertain to non-profit and service organizations
Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 pertain to restaurants selling food/beverage only (no alcohol, wine or beer)
Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 pertain to restaurants selling food/beverage and any type of alcohol and/or beer



1)  Vendor Indemnification Agreement - In order to apply to the Old City Fest, a Vendor Indemnification Agreement must first be filled out, specific conditions agreed to, signed/dated and submitted.  Once completed, you will automatically be directed to the Fest Registration Page

2)  Space Rental - Apply for space rental within the Festival boundaries (Arch Street between 2nd & 4th and 3rd Street between Race and Market)

  • Apply by first completing the Vendor Indemnification Agreement on this web site (#1 above).  Upon completion, you will automatically be redirected to the Fest Registration Page
    • DEADLINE: July 31 for Early-Bird Savings*  Save $50!
    • FINAL DEADLINE: September 17 (subject to space availability)
  • Preference is given to businesses for the space adjacent to their own business frontage
  • Preference is given by date application is received
  • *Early Bird discount expires midnight July 31 (*Early Bird savings is not applicable to all registration categories)



3) Tent & Equipment Rental

  • Old City Fest requires that all participants have a tent (either rented or self-installed)
    • No “table only” spaces will be permitted
    • Participants may supply their own top quality self-installed tent OR rent through our supplier
  • There will be one master rental vendor for the festival
    • Rentals items can be found and ordered on the RENTAL ITEMS tab on this web site
    • DEADLINE: September 27



4)  Food & Beverage Sales – ANY food, drinks, water, alcohol/beer, prepared and/or packaged foods. The Health Department's definition is, "if it goes in the mouth it is food" -- this could be as simple as a stick of gum, a hamburger, beer, sealed bottle of water, ice cream,etc.  If it goes in the mouth, it is food (requirements for safe "food" handling will vary by menu).

  • Fill out Special Event Temporary Food Service Application from Health Department
    • Both the application and step-by-step instructions to assist you with filling out this form can be found by clicking the hyperlinked words
      • DEADLINE: August 27 (OCF's on-time deadline)
      • FINAL DEADLINE: September 27 (all submissions after 8/21 will incur OCF's late registration charge)
      • You can pay for your form online HERE and submit the application to Fest HQ for processing at
      • Email Mark at Fest HQ for assistance or questions:
  • Once eligibility clearance is received (in early October), procure your outdoor vending license (see #6)



5)  Liquor Sales


           For businesses where the Festival boundaries are NOT directly adjacent to your establishment:

    • You must already possess an “Off Premise Catering License” from PLCB (must have been ordered by March 1 of every year)
    • Contact Mark at Uniquely Philadelphia for a map showing your placement within the Festival (PLCB will need this sent to them separately)
    • You will also need a copy of the approved Street Closure Permits (COMING SOON)
    • You must file with PLCB for the event date of October 10, 2021:
    • File the form directly with PLCB
      • DEADLINE: September 9
    • By city regulation, you may only sell for no more than 5 hours any time between the hours of 11:00AM-5:00PM (all alcohol sales must cease by 5:00P by code)

6)  License & Inspection (L & I)

  • All businesses must first have a Commercial Activity License (formerly Business Privilege License)
  • Contact L&I if you are not already a licensed business within the City
    • Food & Beverage participants will be required to purchase a special License Application for outdoor food sales: “3112 Food Establishment (Retail, Non-Perm.)” once you have been notified by the Health Department that you have been cleared to get this license (you will be sent a “LER” – License Eligibility Report – from Health before you can purchase this license).
    • Return form directly to L&I as noted on the application
    • L&I will take a business check with this application
    • Week of October 4 – DEADLINE: Noon on October 7 (in-person at L&I in Municipal Services Building)

7)  Insurance Certificate

  • All participating businesses must provide Fest Management with a Certificate of Insurance naming Old City District, Old City Community Fund and Uniquely Philadelphia as additional insured (obtained from your insurance provider) as outlined in the Vendor Indemnification Agreement and shown below:

    Old City District                                                       Uniquely Philadelphia, Inc.
    Old City Community Fund                                      
    231 Market Street, Philadelphia PA 19106

  • Please submit insurance certificate electronically to
  • DEADLINE: September 27

On or about Wednesday, October 6,
the vendor placement map and load-in instructions
will be posted on a "DAY-OF" tab at the top of the website

    Build your own website
    WebStudio Website Builder