How To Participate in the 8th Annual
South Street Fest
Saturday, October 15, 2022
Retailers and For-Profit Businesses: Steps 1, 2 and 5
Non-profit and Service Organizations: Steps 1 and 2
Food Sales (but no liquor or beer): Steps 1, 2, 3 and 5
Food AND Liquor Sales (beer/wine/alcohol): Steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
1) Space Rental - Apply for space rental within the Festival boundaries (South Street between 2nd & 8th Streets and 2nd Street between Lombard and South).
We offer application opportunities for both South Street Businesses and NON-South Street Businesses -- please select the correct category when applying or your application will be denied
- Apply by clicking on the SOUTH STREET FEST APPLICATION LINK at the left side
- DEADLINE: September 25 (subject to space availability)
- Preference is given to South Street businesses for the space adjacent to their own brick and mortar business
- Preference is given by date application is received
- Vendors will be required to operate during the minimum time frame:
- 11:00A - 7:00P Food & Beverage Vendors
- 11:00A - 6:00P Retail Sales / Crafter / Artisan
- 11:00A - 6:00P Family Zone / Non-Profit and Service Organizations
- South Street Headhouse District reserves the right to reject any application and also the right to assign space allocation, quantity of space and placement at its sole discretion
- There is also an option to reserve additional contiguous space in the Apply section
- All approved applications are final / no refunds* (*unless Festival is canceled or your application is not approved)
- By your application submission, vendor agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- No electrical power is available on the street. Any generators used must be muffled/blimped and all electrical cords must be secured and covered
- All vendors will be subject to the District's load-in/load-out schedule and regulations
- By applying, vendor agrees to assume all responsibility for items brought to the SSHD Spring Festival
- Vendors are required to leave their area 'broom clean' or be subject to a minimum clean-up fee of $50 (maximum $500)
- By applying, vendors agree to assume all individual liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the South Street Headhouse District and SpecialtyUSA, LLC from and against all claims.
- Festival Management shall have the full power to suspend individual operations and enforce regulations and shall have the power to amend and/or make additional regulations as shall be considered necessary for the proper and orderly conduct of the Festival.
2) Tent & Equipment Rental
- South Street Fest requires that all participants have a tent (either rented or self-installed)
- No “table only” spaces will be permitted
- Participants may supply their own top quality self-installed tent
- There will be one master rental vendor for the festival
- Rentals items can be found and ordered on the RENTAL ITEMS LINK at the left side
- DEADLINE: September 23 (subject to availability)
3) Food & Beverage Sales – any and all food, drinks, water, alcohol/beer, ice cream, candy, prepared and/or packaged foods / If it goes in the mouth is is considered 'food' by Health Department jurisdiction - even if in a sealed package
- Fill out Special Event Temporary Food Service Application from Health Department
- Both the Application and step-by-step instructions to assist you with filling out this form can be found in the FORMS LINK at the left side
- DEADLINE: Pay and submit by September 9 (on-time production deadline)
- FINAL DEADLINE: Pay and submit by September 23 (with production late fees)
- You can pay for your form online here under the SOUTH STREET FEST APPLICATION LINK at the left side.
- Submit completed paperwork to email@example.com. Application fees are FINAL / NON-REFUNDABLE even if not approved by the Health Department.
- Once eligibility clearance is received by Health Dept. (in late September), procure your outdoor vending license (see #5)
4) Liquor Sales - It is recommended that you apply to PLCB for an Off-Premise Catering License so that your liquor license can travel to the Festival footprint.
5) License & Inspection (L & I)
- All businesses must first have a Commercial Activity License (formerly Business Privilege License)
- Contact L&I if you are not already a licensed business within the City
- Food & Beverage participants will be required to purchase a special License Application for outdoor food sales: “3112 Food Establishment (Retail, Non-Perm.)” once you have been notified by the Health Department that you have been cleared to get this license (you will be sent a “LER” – License Eligibility Report – from Health before you can purchase this license).
- See FORMS LINK at the left side for a link to this license application
- Return form directly to L&I as noted on the application
- L&I will take a business check with this application
- Week of September 26 – DEADLINE: Noon on September 30 (in-person at L&I)
If you need assitance or have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is with regret -- but seemingly the most responsible decision -- that we will postpone the South Street Fest from Saturday, October 1 to Saturday, October 15 <-- NEW DATE
You must fill out the participation survey (FROM THE LINK ABOVE NOTED "Participation Survey") in order to have your registration moved to October 15 OR to have a refund issued. This will automatically update our database about you -- no survey, no update :-(
PLEASE, we cannot update your desires via email or phone call -- thank you.